What to do in Quintana Roo Mexico?
More on Spindigit:
- For Low Latency choose nearest location Atlanta, Georgia, for Dedicated and VPS Server Hosting by TheServerHost
- For Low Latency choose nearest location Seattle, Washington for Dedicated and VPS Server Hosting by TheServerHost
- What Are the Benefits an Ecommerce Design Agency Provides?
- Fastest processing with GPU based Russia, Moscow Dedicated and VPS Server Hosting by TheServerHost
- Reasons an Artist Should Submit a Paid or a Free Music Press Release
(Spin Digit Editorial):- Quintana Roo, Mexico Jun 14, 2022 (Issuewire.com) – In April 2021, the Mexican state of Quintana Roo instituted a new tourist tax: the Visitax, applicable to all foreign visitors over the age of 4. The tax is valid for the entirety of the stay in Quintana Roo and is payable only once.
Who must pay for the new Visitax Pass?
All those traveling to the state of Quintana Roo who is over 4 years old are asked to pay the new state tourist tax – Visitax:
1. Foreigners traveling to Quintana Roo destinations.
2. Adults and children over 4 years old.
3. Travelers in transit or for tourism and business purposes.
4. All international travelers.
Visitax Cancun is payable upon arrival to Quintana Roo and can be paid in cash or by credit card. For those staying at a hotel or resort, the Visitax will usually be added to your bill upon checkout.
The funds collected, will go towards the maintenance and improvement of Quintana Roo’s tourist infrastructure and services, as well as towards promoting the state as a tourist destination.
So if you’re planning a trip to Quintana Roo, be sure to factor in the Visitax when budgeting for your trip!
What places can the tourist visit with it?
All tourists could be able to travel to: Cancun, Cozumel, Bacalar, Holbox, Puerto Morelos, Tulum, Playa del Carmen and Isla Mujeres, to name the main destinations in Mexico. This document is issued by the Mexican authorities and is valid throughout your stay in the state of Quintana Roo.
It’s important to note that this tourist tax is solely and exclusively for people over 4 years old (that is, children from 0 to 4 years old), it is not necessary for them to pay for this tax.
To be able to carry out this procedure, you only need to have your passport at hand, as well as the email of your preference where you will receive the said document. You can pay this document upon arrival in the Mexican Caribbean or carry out your process online without long waiting lines.
Once you have this document in your hands, YOU DO NOT NEED to have it printed, since it is an ELECTRONIC PASS to exit, it is enough to carry it on your mobile as a downloaded image or screenshot of the QR code.
This process is also known as Tourist Tax Cancun or Tourist Tax Mexico, remember that it refers to your Visitax Cancun Pass.
One of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs):
If I visit other states of Mexico and do not visit Quintana Roo, do I need to process a Visitax?
The truth is that not if you do not travel to the Mexican Caribbean, you do not need to carry out this process.
Those who must process their Visitax Mexico are Over 4 years of age, visitors who travel to Quintana Roo for tourism, health, education, transit, or business issues.
All this is in order to reactivate the tourism sector in the Mexican Caribbean. The tourist tax application and payment process take no more than a couple of hours. If you visit Mexico it is not required to quarantine, there is a traffic light by state and by colors: red, yellow, and green; which is why you will not require a PCR test or COVID test either.
Mexico has many tourist attractions that are worth knowing about: within these are some of the wonders of the world such as Chichen Itza (located in Merida, Yucatan), very close to Cancun. Its splendid Riviera Maya (with unparalleled beauties).
You will discover all-inclusive dream accommodations, in categories for everyone; from basic services to ultra luxury services, theme parks, activities for the whole family, and night activities, designed for all types of tourism: sun and beach, culture, adventure, romance.
Quintana Roo is the ideal destination to spend incredible moments as a couple, you just need to find a reason to travel and enjoy a splendid vacation.
What’s VisiTax Pass?
Visitax is a tourist pass (established by the Mexican state of Quintana Roo), with the purse to collect funds for local tourism.
Is VisiTax mandatory?
Yes, VisiTax Pass is mandatory for all foreign visitors.
Is it possible to pay for the Visitax Pass when I arrive in Cancun?
The VisiTax must be paid upon arrival to Quintana Roo and can be paid in cash or by credit card. For those staying at a hotel or resort, the VisiTax will usually be added to your bill upon checkout.
Is a PCR test required for a Mexico trip?
A PCR test is not required for entry into Mexico, but some airlines may require it for passengers originating from certain countries. Please check with your airline for their specific requirements.
I’m a Mexican citizen living abroad. Do I need to pay the VisiTax?
No, Mexican citizens are exempt from paying the VisiTax.
Is it necessary to quarantine yourself while visiting Mexico?
No, there is no mandatory quarantine period upon arrival to Mexico. However, all travelers are advised to take the necessary precautions to protect themselves and others from the spread of COVID-19.
What to do in Cancun, Mexico?
Cancun is a popular tourist destination for its beautiful beaches, resorts, and nightlife. There are also many activities and attractions to enjoy, such as exploring ancient Maya ruins, snorkeling or diving in the clear waters of the Caribbean Sea, or visiting one of the many eco-parks in the area. Whatever your interests, you’re sure to find something to do in Cancun!
Top 11 touristic places in Quintana Roo
1. Chichen Itza – an ancient Maya city and one of the Seven Wonders of the World
2. Tulum – a pre-Columbian Maya walled city overlooking the turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea
3. Coba – an ancient Maya city with towering pyramids that can be climbed
4. Playa del Carmen – a popular beach destination with many shops, restaurants, and bars
5. Cancun – a world-famous resort town with beautiful beaches, hotels, and nightlife
6. Isla Mujeres – a small island off the coast of Cancun with stunning beaches and crystal-clear waters
7. Puerto Morelos – a quaint fishing village turned tourist destination with lovely beaches
8. Akumal – a beach town known for its turtles, where you can snorkel and swim with these gentle creatures
9. Xel-Ha – a natural freshwater lagoon with crystal-clear waters perfect for swimming and snorkeling
10. Xcaret – an eco-park with many activities and attractions, such as swimming with dolphins, snorkeling, and exploring ancient ruins
11. Cozumel – an island off the coast of Cancun known for its scuba diving and snorkeling
Top 9 places to stay
1. Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun – an all-inclusive resort in Cancun with beautiful beaches, pools, restaurants, and bars
2. Le Blanc Spa Resort Cancun – an adults-only, all-inclusive luxury resort in Cancun
3. Secrets The Vine Cancun – an adults-only, all-inclusive resort in Cancun with a rooftop bar and stunning views of the Caribbean Sea
4. Iberostar Paraiso Lindo – an all-inclusive resort in Riviera Maya with beautiful beaches, pools, restaurants, and bars
5. Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa – an all-inclusive resort in Riviera Maya with a water park, spa, and many activities and amenities
6. Barcelo Maya Caribe – an all-inclusive resort in Riviera Maya with beautiful beaches, pools, restaurants, and bars
7. Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa – an all-inclusive resort in Riviera Maya with a water park, spa, and many activities and amenities
8. Hilton Playa del Carmen – a luxury resort in Playa del Carmen with beautiful beaches, pools, restaurants, and bars
9. Hyatt Zilara Cancun – an adults-only, all-inclusive luxury resort in Cancun with beautiful beaches, pools, restaurants, and bars.
Tips for travel to Mexico
– Be sure to have a valid passport and visa (if required) for travel to Mexico.
– Check with your airline for any required or recommended vaccinations or health precautions.
– Pack light and wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
– Bring along sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
– Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water and avoid alcoholic beverages.
– Use insect repellent to avoid mosquito bites.
– Carry small bills and coins for tips and purchases.
– Be aware of your surroundings at all times and keep your belongings close to you.
– Avoid walking alone at night in unfamiliar areas.
– Only use official taxis or ride-sharing services.
– Keep your hotel room locked and secure at all times.
– Monitor the news for updates on local conditions.
– Follow all safety guidelines from local authorities.
How to apply for a Visitax Pass?
You can apply for a Visitax Pass online through the official Quintana Roo website. You will need to provide your personal information, passport details, and credit card information. Once your application is approved, you will receive a confirmation email with your pass and instructions on how to use it. You can also pick up your Visitax Pass at the airport upon arrival in Quintana Roo.
Remember that traveling to Cancun can become your best memory or your best experience (such was the case of 2 visitors), who commented on the following:
“It was my first time travelling to Cancun and I was so excited. I had always wanted to visit the beautiful beaches and resorts. I was not disappointed. The weather was perfect, the water was crystal clear, and the people were friendly. I stayed at an all-inclusive resort and enjoyed every minute of it. From the moment I arrived, I felt like I was in paradise”.
“I would definitely recommend Cancun to anyone looking for a relaxed vacation spot with plenty of activities to keep you busy. Be sure to apply for a Visitax Pass before you go so you can enjoy all that Quintana Roo has to offer without worry!”.
This article was originally published by IssueWire. Read the original article here.