(Spin Digit Editorial):- Selma, Alabama Mar 10, 2021 (Issuewire.com) – The City of Selma will honor Civil Rights figure, Dr. Frederick D. Reese with a special presentation, grand caravan and virtual tribute, Monday, March 15 beginning at noon.
The Selma City Council voted to declare March 21st as F.D. Reese Day in the city going forward. Mayor James Perkins, Congresswoman Terri Sewell and other elected officials will participate in this special event.
More on Spindigit:
- For Low Latency choose nearest location Atlanta, Georgia, for Dedicated and VPS Server Hosting by TheServerHost
- For Low Latency choose nearest location Seattle, Washington for Dedicated and VPS Server Hosting by TheServerHost
- What Are the Benefits an Ecommerce Design Agency Provides?
- Fastest processing with GPU based Russia, Moscow Dedicated and VPS Server Hosting by TheServerHost
- Reasons an Artist Should Submit a Paid or a Free Music Press Release
Dr. Reese, a member of the Courageous Eight, was responsible for pinning the letter to the Southern Christian Leadership Conference and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. inviting them to Selma, to help continue the fight of racial injustice of African Americans for the right to vote. Dr. Reese passed away in 2018 at the age of 88.
Source :Dr. Frederick D. Reese
This article was originally published by IssueWire. Read the original article here.