On MONDAY, Service Corporation International (NYSE: SCI) ended the last transaction at $43.68, with a change of 0.25%. The daily volume was calculated at 662828 shares. The company has a market worth of $7961.99M. It holds an average volume of 806.75K shares. In 52-week session, the stock hit the peak level of -10.30% and touched to lowest level of 16.42%.
Service Corporation International (SCI) recently reported results for the third quarter of 2019.
- Diluted earnings per share were $0.38 in the third quarter of 2019 contrast to $0.37 in the third quarter of 2018. The current period was influenced by a $9.1M loss on early extinguishment of debt and a $9.5M increase in net losses on divestiture and impairment charges, offset by a important decrease in our effective tax rate. Diluted earnings per share not including special items were $0.37 for the third quarter of 2019 contrast to $0.35 in 2018. This 5.7% increase resulted from growth in our funeral section coupled with reductions in corporate general and administrative expenses that were partially offset by a decline in cemetery revenue.
- Net cash provided by operating activities was $209.3M in the third quarter of 2019 contrast to $136.9M in the third quarter of 2018 primarily Because of lower cash taxes and cash interest, improved atneed operating results, as well as positive working capital impacts.
- During the third quarter, we returned $55.5M to shareholders through share repurchases and dividends and invested $44.6M in land for new cemeteries and the construction of new funeral service locations. For the nine months ended September 30, 2019, we returned $150.8M to shareholders through a combination of share repurchases and dividends and deployed $94.4M of capital to accretive acquisitions, land for new cemeteries, and the construction of new funeral service locations.
- Total comparable funeral revenue increased by $5.7M, or 1.3%, primarily Because of increases in core revenue of $3.7M, recognized preneed revenue of $1.1M, and non-funeral home revenue of $0.8M.
- Core revenue increased $3.7M primarily as the result of a 1.2% increase in core funeral services performed somewhat offset by a 0.2% decrease in core average revenue per service. Organic sales average growth of 1.1% was over offset by a 160 basis point increase in the core cremation rate.
- Recognized preneed revenue grew $1.1M, or 3.5%, contrast to the previous-year as a result of higher non-funeral home sales production primarily from a raise in the average revenue per contract sold.
- Comparable funeral operating profit increased $5.7M, or 8.4%, primarily Because of the revenue increases described above in addition to continued effective management of our fixed costs. The operating margin percentage increased 110 basis points to 16.5%.
- Comparable preneed funeral sales production increased $4.1M, or 1.8%, in the third quarter of 2019 contrast to 2018. We experienced a 5.0% increase through our non-funeral home channel and a 1.0% increase through our core funeral locations.
Analyst recommendation for this stock stands at 1.5. The volatility in the previous week has experienced by 1.18% and observed of 1.85% in the previous month. 92.70% ownership is held by institutional investors while insiders hold ownership of 1.70%. Looking about the past performance history, the company lost at -0.70% in past week and declined with -6.41% in one month. During the past three-month period the stock dropped of -7.50% and increased at 1.53% in past six month. The P/E ratio was recorded at 19.49.