(Spin Digit Editorial):- San Jose, California Aug 31, 2021 (Issuewire.com) – In celebration of the legendary author and playwright William Saroyan’s 113th birthday, Forever Saroyan is announcing a series of readings and the launch of a literary magazine with the goal of bringing new Armenian voices to the world.
The 113th Birthday Celebration readings include three of Saroyan’s most memorable and exciting stories.
- Tuesday, August 31st, the celebration begins with actor Derek McCaw interpreting Ben, a story never published in the United States. This impressionistic story that spans centuries is a marvel unlike anything else in Saroyan’s oeuvre.
- Thursday, September 2nd, podcaster Kristy Baxter follows on with Pure Agony, a story of love and loss that first appeared in May 1937, in Globe magazine. This heartbreaking tale of a man’s years-long devotion is one of the most gut-wrenching stories of the time.
- Friday, September 3rd, archivist and podcaster Chris Garcia present Dear Gretta Garbo, which appeared in Saroyan’s legendary debut collection The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze and Other Stories from 1934. This story of celebrity, both traditional and alternative, is as timely today as it was in the early 1930s.
More on Spindigit:
- For Low Latency choose nearest location Atlanta, Georgia, for Dedicated and VPS Server Hosting by TheServerHost
- For Low Latency choose nearest location Seattle, Washington for Dedicated and VPS Server Hosting by TheServerHost
- What Are the Benefits an Ecommerce Design Agency Provides?
- Fastest processing with GPU based Russia, Moscow Dedicated and VPS Server Hosting by TheServerHost
- Reasons an Artist Should Submit a Paid or a Free Music Press Release
These stories will be released as videos on the Forever Saroyan YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq8XAi9Y1JoCH2xj751wMRw) and on the Forever Saroyan website – http://foreversaroyan.com starting on August 31, 2021.
In addition, Forever Saroyan is proud to announce that in 2022, they will be heading up the release of a new literary journal – Our Time. Inspired by William Saroyan’s work to launch the original Armenian Review in the 1940s, Our Time will shine a light on young Armenian writing talent in the areas of prose, poetry, scriptwriting, and visual arts. The magazine will focus on providing a new arena for creative expression to Armenians, both in Armenia and across the world, and will be available both in print and online editions. Submission details and subscription information will be announced in the near future on the Forever Saroyan website.
About William Saroyan:
William Saroyan (1908-1981) was one of the twentieth century’s most important writers. His short story collections The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze and Other Stories and My Name is Aram, are two of the high-water marks in American short story writing. His play The Time of Your Life won the Pulitzer Prize in 1940, and his works have been adapted for radio, television, and film dozens of times by groups around the world.
About Forever Saroyan:
Forever Saroyan, founded in 2011 by Charles Janigian, is a foundation dedicated to the life and works of William Saroyan, and the members of the Minasian-Saroyan family. Archivists Chris Garcia and Dori Myer are dedicated to preserving, presenting, and interpreting the works of the family through the Forever Saroyan website, the Place of Places YouTube series, and various special publications.
1440 Koll Circle, Suite 104
Source :Forever Saroyan
This article was originally published by IssueWire. Read the original article here.