US President Donald Trump has signed an order against eight other Chinese apps. The President has signed an executive order to ban all the transactions.
Popular payment platforms like Alipay, WeChat Pay, and QQ Wallet is included in the banning list.
The order will take place in 45 days and the apps will be banned as a threat to the United States’s national security.
There is a possibility that the apps can be used to track and build dossiers about US federal employees.
The order will kick in after President Trump leaves office. Tencent QQ, CamScanner, SHAREit, VMate, and WPS Office are also included in the ban list.
The order says, “The United States must take aggressive action against those who develop or control Chinese connected software applications to protect our national security.”
Trump’s new order further says that “by accessing personal electronic devices such as smartphones, tablets, and computers, Chinese connected software applications can access and capture vast swaths of information from users, including sensitive personally identifiable information and private information.”
The administration has increased pressure on Chinese companies in the final months of Trump’s presidency.
Chinese telecom giant Huawei and social media app TikTok have been among the casualties of Washington’s crackdown.
The Commerce Department added dozens of Chinese companies to the trade blacklist including drone manufacturer DJI Technology and the country’s top chipmaker SMIC.
The administration also restricted buying sensitive US goods and technology of military assets for the Chinese and Russian companies.
In August, the owner of TikTok, ByteDance was ordered by the US to shut down or sell off their US assets. The US is yet to shut down the app and its negotiations despite the missing deadline.
Last week, the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) declared it would delist China Mobile, China Telecom, and China Unicom through another executive order.
However, on Monday the NYSE has reversed the decision and agreed not to delist the companies after their consultation with US regulators.
Marco Rubio, the Republican Senator, and China hardliner called this act as an “outrageous effort” by the NYSE to refuse to delist and to undermine President Trump’s executive order.